Ceramics: basic hand build
During this two-lesson series of lessons you will learn all the basics to get started with hand building. You don't need that much material for this ceramic technique, so you can easily continue at home or you can come and clay with us during our weekly ceramic workshop.
What is covered
First lesson _
- Some more info about clay
- How to prepare your clay best (and why)
- The three basic techniques of hand building
Second lesson _
- Prepare your piece to glaze
- Glazes (with brush)
- Load the kiln for the glaze tray
Both the material, the biscuit tray, the glaze and the glaze tray are included in the price. The only thing that you should provide yourself is an apron or clothes in which you will not go to a gala.